Salam dan hye students,
This time I would like to share with all of you how to answer the question related to Collision Theory. Based on previous years questions, the collision theory usually brings you 4 to 5 marks and I consider it as big percentage of marks.
So, lets us figure out the tricks to answer this type of question.
Compare the rate of reaction between
Experiment I and Experiment II.
Explain the differences based on Collision Theory.
FIRST : Refer to the table given. Find out the differences between the two experiments.
- Different volume? Volume is NOT a factor that affect rate of reaction
- Different concentration? Concentration is factor that affect rate of reaction
- Different time taken? shows the difference in rate of reaction
SECOND : identify the reacting particles by writing the ionic equation
REACTING PARTICLES : hydrogen peroxide molecules
THIRD : Relate the situation with FREQUENCY OF COLLISION and FREQUENCY OF EFFECTIVE COLLISION
1. The rate of reaction in Experiment II is higher than Experiment I
2. because the concentration of hydrogen peroxide in Experiment II is higher, therefore the number of hydrogen peroxide molecules per unit volume is higher
3. Therefore the frequency of collision between hydrogen peroxide molecules also higher in Experiment II
4. The frequency of effective collision also higher
Now, try to answer the question related to Collision Theory for different factors. Make sure your answer must have 4 important points.
TQ. see you in next entry:)