Monday, January 19, 2009

Chemistry oh Chemistry





The word Chemistry is generally the most unwanted words to hear among my students....I don't know why. But they claim that Chemistry as "CHEMOPHOBIA" hahhaha...What a sad phenomena....



This is the definition I found in Wikipedia about CHEMISTRY.


'Chemistry is the
science concerned with the composition, structure, and properties of matter, as well as the changes it undergoes during chemical reactions. It is a physical science for studies of various atoms, molecules, crystals and other aggregates of matter whether in isolation or combination, which incorporates the concepts of energy and entropy in relation to the spontaneity of chemical processes. Modern chemistry evolved out of alchemy following the chemical revolution.'


No wonder why CHEMISTRY is the scariest word...the definition itself consist of so many bombastic words...hahaha..

Well... Here's the easy to read version.


'Chemistry is the study of MATTER and the changes that take place with that matter.'


Don't ask me why that matters. It just does. A lot. Everything on Earth, everything in our solar system, everything in our galaxy, and everything in the universe is made up of matter. Matter is the name that scientists have given to everything that you can touch, or see, or feel, or smell. Go take a look aroud you...


I'm still quite confuse...my students give so much attention in class, seems to understand all those freaky words from me....pandai tul belakon.

ionic equation? continuous variation method? tetrachloromethane? hahahha potassium hexacyanoferrate (II)?? tergeliat gak lidah nak pronouns those words...

But....Chemistry is still CHEMOPHOBIA to them...(bukan semua lah...)


I'm sad...coz I love chemistry so much!!! So, I think I should do something to help them...may be not to all SCHOOL students, specially to my class....I should start with my own class!!!

Try the BEST Ila, you can do it!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment